Join now - be part of our community!

Network hook-up problem driving me crazy

swedski
Visitor

Network hook-up problem driving me crazy

I cannot connect to my wireless network directly. When my computer starts I get no wireless connection (I have set-up my router a linksys w54g.. with wep, mac address restrictions and no ssid broadcast)

I have made a profile with my network name and ssid and network key. Then when I try to connect manually Vista tells me no way then I close the dialogue box and bang I'm connected. Annoying.

I have tried removing the wep removing and re-adding a network connection from vistas side

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi swedski

Does anything on the Linksys Support for Microsoft Windows Vista web site help.?

use the following link: Linksys Support for Microsoft Windows Vista

KaZaNvanHyena
Visitor

Hi swedski

Does anything on the Linksys Support for Microsoft Windows Vista web site help.?

use the following link: Linksys Support for Microsoft Windows Vista

I have same problems like swedski, but I dont think its Liksys problem, cause I have nearly same problems on all my routers (about 20) on my clients side, all that which has SSID hidden makes me crazy, Vista on my Vaio never connects to them automatically..so i Must again connect manual, again write SSID again security key... and Vista makes new one connection with number on its end... next time with higher number etc... another variant is same to swedski, I must write SSID and then Vista say that it cant be connected...I close dialog and whoah I am connected now.... It makes me crazy, cause also at home I use WPA2 hidden router AP ...and everytime login to it is very useless..... at Home I have Zyxel router, in my car I have Asus router, by clients are Vigor, ZYxel, Well, Asus etc ..and same diagnose )o: ... but when SSID is shown absolutely no problem, my Vaio connects imediatelly after wake up.....

KaZaN van Hyena
http://www.kazan.cz