Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio camera

dalailamas
Visitor

Vaio camera

Hello guys!!

I have a fz11m and i have a problem with my camera.The cam is installed correctly
but it doesn`t works all the time.For example it may work with msn messenger but if i try
to use the cam again with msn after an hour it may not work.The same problem i have with skype.I thought that it was a problem with vista.Anyway i formatted my pc now i have vista ultimate and the problem remains.Any idea please?????????????????????

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi dalailamas,

Yes, you are right - this has been a constant problem for some users since Vista arrived. It is a User Account Control (UAC) problem and basically you can only use your camera once per session. If you want to use it again later, you have to reboot.

Sony and Microsoft have both released "fixes" but their success has been sporadic and they have worked for some but not others.

All you can do if your camera is installed properly is to make sure you have the following installed: -

VAIO Camera Capture Utility 2.2.03.11150 (Sony's Fix)
VAIO Camera Utility 2.0.02.05140
Microsoft Hotfix Package KB931812 (Microsoft's Fix)

all available here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-FZ&m=2665

That will fix it for most, but for the unlucky few several things have been tried and have worked for some: -

1. Create a new User Profile with Administrative privilidges.
2. As a last resort turn off UAC.

:slight_frown:

dalailamas
Visitor

I did the following and now i hope to work.Thanx!!

dalailamas
Visitor

It doesn`t work actually.I still have the same problem.Any idea??