Join now - be part of our community!

network media reciever (again)

olafb
Visitor

network media reciever (again)

when i run the Access Point (for PCWA-A320) it comes up with the details...access point name, IP address, and MAC address. The IP for the access point is different from the LAN.

If I change the LAN IP manually to that of the access point I get a conflict message.

If I do what the sony guide says, 'assign ip automatically' I get a message in the task bar 'limited or no connectivity'.

I don't know whether the IP should be the same fo the access point and the LAN and I have no idea what the IP address should be for the network media receiver (plugged into my tv).

Can anyone offer a solution?

3 REPLIES 3
mcfair
Visitor

With the network reciever switched on the Lan Converter should glow pink.If not you have not set it up correctly.Start from scratch,the sony instuctions are correct.Dont forget that when you have fineshed the setup that the converter and reciever are connected together with ethernet cables and the reciever then conects to your tv with phono or s-video.

olafb
Visitor

Thank you for replying; it is really great that people take the trouble to try and help.

My instructions state that the pcwa-a320 should pulsate a white light (which mine does). No sign of any pink anywhere (or mention of it).

I also don;t understand about the converter (if this is the pcwa320) and the network receiver being connected with ethernet cables...I thought the idea was that the two items were wireless!

mgv
Visitor

The installation guide for the NMR appears to be wrong-it suggests plugging in the A320into the Ethenet port on the back of your Desktop. If you do this you are tnen unable to plug in the Ethernet cable from your ADSL Router. So no Internet Connecton .
I understand that you can plug in the A320 to your router or dont use the A320 and use an Ethernet cable from your ADSL Router to the NMR (there is an Ethernet port on the back of the NMR)
Hope this helps
Mike