Join now - be part of our community!

New Blu Ray Vaio Problems

Tassos
Visitor

New Blu Ray Vaio Problems

I have the new Vaio Laptop VGN-AR21S with the blu ray drive. When I try to play my legal blu ray disks and connect with the HDMI output with another display with the bundled WinDVD for Blu Ray, a message comes out stating that the protected content cant play with these settings. When I try to play ordinary DVDs with the exactly same settings everything is allright. Except one does not buy a blu ray laptop to see on his plasma display ordinary DVDs. Anyone, the Sony Vaio moderator maybe, can Help? It will be much appreciated. :cry:

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Tassos and welcome to Club Vaio.

Make sure you have the latest firmware update for your Blu-Ray drive - check HERE

I also understand there is an update for WinDVD BD - open it and search for updates.

:wink:

Tassos
Visitor

Hi Tassos and welcome to Club Vaio.

Make sure you have the latest firmware update for your Blu-Ray drive - check HERE

I also understand there is an update for WinDVD BD - open it and search for updates.

:wink:

I just did. And .. God help us.. now I get the same message when I try to play the blu ray disks (the right region) even in the laptop screen. PLEASE help or the main reason I bout this laptop will be for nothing!!!!!!!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That's strange - you did download the update for your particular drive?

Try a system restore to the most recent restore point before today: -

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore

Click on 'Restore my computer to an earlier time' and pick the most recent restore point available.

Let me know if that works.

:thinking:

HellfireHD
Visitor

Hi,

I have an AR11S and when i use the LCD as only monitor it works, but if I use twin mode it doesn't. But for me this is not a problem.

My Problem is if I configure under timings the LCD as 1080i, it's flickering and it saves 60 Hz and interlaced is not marked?

Tassos
Visitor

That's strange - you did download the update for your particular drive?

Try a system restore to the most recent restore point before today: -

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore

Click on 'Restore my computer to an earlier time' and pick the most recent restore point available.

Let me know if that works.

:thinking:

The System restore worked, and yes the download was for the VGN-AR21S optical drive ,as was the WINDVD for BR update. With the system restore the blu ray drive works as before. You are very helpful, so, if you can extend your kindness, can you tell me, in simple steps, what I have to do to see my blu ray films from the HDMI output to my plasma TV?
Thanks again
Tassos

admin
Visitor

Is your TV HDMI compliant.

I can play blue ray over HDMI, but not VGA or SVIDEO.

The TV has to support HDMI protected content I believe..