Join now - be part of our community!

New HD + Faulty WIFI?

skykit84
New

New HD + Faulty WIFI?

Hi all...

As you know, I went through a hard time but successful time in doing a total clean install on my sz laptop.
well I did the same on my PC as i got a new HD for it and noticed how much quicker the PC was.

The specs are similar although the PC has LESS ram (1.5 gb compared to 2gb on my laptop).
but in responses, the laptop always had a delay.

I got a 7200 RPM 100gb Seagate SATA 2.5" drive and replaced the original 5400 RPM drive.

To report, I've just installed the OS using my methods in the previous thread and would like to update you guys
the response overall is MUCH quicker and better. I have noticed the overall performance is a lot more pleasing

The only thing Ive noticed is that the fan spins a lot more which is expected as the drive spins faster generating more heat

As for the wifi card, i found it next to the drive once i got to it which was not all that easy
almost broke the ribbon!

The card is better now for some reason but there is a 108mbps card available from Gigabyte i think which might be better to upgrade to
its a mini-pci-e card that sits directly under the touchpad

if anyone wants pictures of the card, i tooksome but i did not take pictures as i opened...
itseasy to do so i can write a quick guide

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sounds great Akash, if you do write a guide we'll make it sticky for you so it doesn't get lost in the mele.