Join now - be part of our community!

SONY VAIO FE31M Drivers Installation Procedure in case of new Installation

amitchaudhary
Visitor

SONY VAIO FE31M Drivers Installation Procedure in case of new Installation

Hi friends,
I have purchased SONY VAIO FE31M last week with Windows MCE (german version). As I want to work on English version so I purchased Windows XP Profession edition SP2 pack (english version).

I format the C drive and did a fresh installation on it. now I am having some problem during installation of drivers. In the drivers folder some of them have .exe setup file so they worked but most of them dont.... (ex Camera, Display)

I worked on it and found we can install some of them by going to device manager and showing the respective folder path and i successfully install the Display and camera drivers. Now here are my concerns.

1. Does any one knows how to install the Sound drivers.

2. Can I get the VAIO Recovery utility and other installation softwares back in some way. ( even from the hidden partition is some way)

Please provide your suggestions......

Amit

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Amit and welcome.

Windows XP does not support High Definition Audio so you will need to install the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for high Definition Audio (Hotfix KB835221 or the newer KB888111) first? This allows the sound chip to be recognised.

You should find this in C:\Drivers\Hotfix\KB888111 - it is part of the Sony Preinstalled Driver download.

If you haven't got it in that directory and can't get it from your recovery discs, you can download it from several sites.

Try
http://www.thehotfix.net/kb/KB888111.htm

Did you make Recovery DVDs before you formatted your hard drive ?

It is not usually possible to reinstate the Vaio Recovery Utility after an XP Pro install.

:wink: