Join now - be part of our community!

New XL 301 help plz

dale_moseley19
Visitor

New XL 301 help plz

Just got and set up my XL 301 with a samsung lcd with freeview but having problems.

I have connected the aerial into my 301 andthen from 301 into TV but when i do this i only get a few channels, do i have to do this? I am new to all this and would be really grateful with some help on st up from someone who has got everything working.

Is there an idiots guide around here anywhere?

Thanks in advance for your help, i know this may be so simple to some people but everyone has to start somewhere

4 REPLIES 4
dale_moseley19
Visitor

any help please?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi dale_moseley19.

Welcome to Club Vaio.

If I were you, I would download the User Manual for your XL301 from here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/Desktops/XL3/XL3_H_EN.pdf

You need to connect your ariel to your XL301 and then your XL301 to your Samsung TV with a HDMI Cable. You would normally also connect your TV direct to the ariel also so it can work independently.

:wink:

dale_moseley19
Visitor

cheers for the help

I have got the manual but it dont go into that much detail. i have tried to wire it in like a video, i.e. aerial into XL301 and then out to TV, but my TV looses all the freeview channels, i want to set it up so i can record from freeview, if i have aerial into TV and seperate aerial into XL301 through a splitter from my supply will the HDMI be suitable for the recording? will the HDMi for the link between the 2? Also how can i use the 2 tuners?

Thanks for your help it just so annoying when the answer could be so simple

timround
Visitor

Hi,

I've also got an XL301, and use an aerial signal booster which has multiple outputs.

I basically have the external aerial going into the booster, and then separate outputs to the TV, and both aerial inputs on the XL301 (you need to connect both for the twin tunners). This way means you don't degrade the signal by splitting it.

If your tv signal is too low, you may need a new tv aerial, or at least get it aligned.

HDMI is just for the tv picture.

Tim.