Join now - be part of our community!

Nvidia Control Panel problem on XL302

caudex
Visitor

Nvidia Control Panel problem on XL302

Hi All

I'm having trouble accessing the full capability of the Nvidia Control Panel.

If I view both in both standard and advanced view modes I'm only given 2 options - 3D Settings and Display. Reading through the nvidia help I'm pretty sure I should have a third option "Video and Television".

I've tried downloading latest forceware from nvidia and installing latest display drivers with the result of a nice black flickering screen, got the display back going back to older drivers but I'm reluctant to mess around in the dark any further.

Any ideas anyone (I'm sure I haven't given all the info you'd need)

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
chris.campling@am65
Visitor

Hi there

Are you connected to the TV via HDMI? If not try using a HDMI cable as I use HDMI & the only extra function this extra screen gives you is the option to change between different formats RGB etc.

caudex
Visitor

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply. Yes using HDMI cable to 1080p TV.

If the missing option only gives you control over RGB output I probably won't bother banging my head any more - I thought it may give some control over output resolution as there only appears to be a very limited choice in the standard control panel.

chris.campling@am65
Visitor

Hi there
Your right the options available are pretty dismal but this extra screen is only for colour output, I tried changing but reverted to RGB, but it is strange that you do not even get the option. Have you installed the HDMI Firmware update? as I cannot remember whether the extra screen was there before I installed this.
Good luck

caudex
Visitor

Hi

I haven't installed a firmware update - unless it's one of the automatic Vaio updates.

Is this something I need to download?

Cheers

chris.campling@am65
Visitor

The update I meant is
HDMI Software Update Version 071025c
You can access it from this link on Vaio support

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/info/info.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&url=Downloads/NV/D/VID/NV...

Follow the instructions carefully as they are very important

Hope this helps