Join now - be part of our community!

NEWBIE with a tip ;) & a question

baggio4378
Visitor

NEWBIE with a tip ;) & a question

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but I thought I'd share a tip regarding sonicstage though I don't know whether people have tried this or not. Last week I had to format my hard drive and I didn't want to have to import my entire collection back into SS and assign pictures to albums etc. I found that SS stored your library in an access database file. Basically all you have to do is backup two folders

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\SonicStage

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sony Corporation

Doing this also means that you DO NOT have to initialise your device again in sonic stage, just connect the vaio pocket as usual and it will pick it up and list the tracks on the device.

Also I had a question.. How long does the battery last for on the vaio pocket before it needs replacing??

This is my main concern really because I tried a google search and couldn't find anywhere that's selling them.. And I've notice that the VP is being discontinued from a few online retailers as time goes by. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Try AMAZON . But I wouldn't buy one. Sony doesn't make any new updates. This player is dead, IMO.

baggio4378
Visitor

Try AMAZON . But I wouldn't buy one. Sony doesn't make any new updates. This player is dead, IMO.

I don't think you read my question correctly. I already have a vaio pocket, I'm asking where can I get a replacement battery from as I know this ain't going to alst forever.. does anyone know how long it will last for?

nickkr
Visitor

I don't think you read my question correctly. I already have a vaio pocket, I'm asking where can I get a replacement battery from as I know this ain't going to alst forever.. does anyone know how long it will last for?

How about here - SONY Spares - seems like a good place to start doesn't it ?

SEME Limited
Hudson Road
Melton Mowbray
Leicestershire
LE13 1BS
Telephone: 0870 240 6354
Fax: 01664 563 976
email: sony@seme.co.uk

Even if they don't stock them , they can possibly point you in the right direction

My minidisc player has has a similar Li-Ion battery and has had 5 years + (mis)use and is still going strong.
Hopefully the VP will match this.:smileylaugh:

baggio4378
Visitor

How about here - SONY Spares - seems like a good place to start doesn't it ?

SEME Limited
Hudson Road
Melton Mowbray
Leicestershire
LE13 1BS
Telephone: 0870 240 6354
Fax: 01664 563 976
email: sony@seme.co.uk

Even if they don't stock them , they can possibly point you in the right direction

My minidisc player has has a similar Li-Ion battery and has had 5 years + (mis)use and is still going strong.
Hopefully the VP will match this.:smileylaugh:

thanks