Join now - be part of our community!

No Sound and no Modem on Windows XP Prof.

chrdesl
Visitor

No Sound and no Modem on Windows XP Prof.

for win XP Prof. or home-edition

1. download the following driver on www.realtek.com.tw ->
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlhd-2.aspx?lineid=2004052&famid=2004052&series=2004061&Software...

2. Install the downloaded driver!

3. Restart windows

4. After restarting windows. (The grafic-Controller may not work correctly.) The Windows-hardwarewizard will ask you for the modem driver-file "MdmXSdk.dll" from the Sony-original-dirver.

5. Restart windows!

6. Install the Orignial-Sounddriver software from sony.

It works!
:slight_smile:

4 REPLIES 4
scrutor
Visitor

You're right, it does work!

Thanks for the solution.

Exactly the same problem. Been banging my head against a brick wall with sony support for last couple of days trying to resolve it. Apparently the sony drivers supplied only work with a 'sony' version of windows Xp!! Their solution was to purchase a set of recovery disks for £50!

Only issue left to resolve is missing icon (windows explorer folder view) for Memory Stick drive/folder. Any ideas?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Only issue left to resolve is missing icon (windows explorer folder view) for Memory Stick drive/folder. Any ideas?

The following thread should be of help - Click here.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
markmoloney
Visitor

Thank you so much, This was recking my head for that last week.

Only problem I have left now is that I cannot shutdown properly if the built in camera is enabled.... I have to disable it first. Any one else having this problem.

Regards Mark

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

This does seem to be a common problem and there is more than one recent thread that discusses the issue. I cannot locate any of them just now, but try a search for motion eye + shutdown.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat