Join now - be part of our community!

No sound, No wecam on my VGC RC 204

merle006
Visitor

No sound, No wecam on my VGC RC 204

Hi every Body,

I've since few days a brand new VGC RC 204, but since the first switch on I have some trouble with the sound and with my webcam.
It arrive that it is impossible to have sound. The Windows Media player say that the it can't read that file. The error is C00D11BA. The only way is to reboot the computer and every thing is fine for few minutes...and again no sound...
Do you have an idea?

It is the same thing with my webcam. But it is not necessary to reboot the PC, only un-plug/plug of the camera on the USB is sufficient... and that is fine until the next stop...
Could you help me?
Thanks and regards

JIMI

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi JIMI and welcome to Club Vaio.

There is a System BIOS update for your model at VAIO-LINK which is meant to resolve the problem with the soundcard not being recognised - I would try this first.

This is a fairly common WMP error. Have a look HERE for some suggestions on troubleshooting the problem if the BIOS upgrade does not work. I would also uninstall the Sigmatel Codec from Device Manager -> Sound Video and Game Controllers and reboot to refresh the drivers.

:wink:

merle006
Visitor

Thanks for this answer, nevertheless I've checked and the I've already the last update of the BIOS. After checking on the web, it seems that there is a bug/incompatibility with the Webcam Logitech Pro5000. Since yesterday I've disconnect that one and there is no more trouble !!! Thanks Logitech!! If somebody knows what to do, I will be happy.

Regards
JM