Join now - be part of our community!

Noise on VGN-C2Z/B after unplugging battery

higi
Visitor

Noise on VGN-C2Z/B after unplugging battery

Hello.

I recently bought a Sony Vaio VGN-C2Z/B laptop. I really like it so far. But the other day I found that when I unplug the battery from the laptop, it starts making a high pitch noise. It is not a loud noise, but after a while, it starts annoying me.

Does anyone know why this happens? I think I am going to send it back to Vaio to see if they can fix it. Is that the best I can do?

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi higi

You may wish to read this similar thread .. :slight_smile:

higi
Visitor

Hi higi

You may wish to read this similar thread .. :slight_smile:

Do you know if any of those people resolved the issue? Shall I send the laptop to Sony?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi higi

No unfortunately we did not receive any further feedback from the members..

If your concerned then I think it may be worth contacting Vaio-Link for clarification on whether the problem is going to cause damage to your Vaio.. :wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kamw642
Visitor

It's 2010 and so it looks like Sony are no closer to solving this problem.  When battery is charging the noise is acceptable, just, but on battery power or after the battery is fully charged, the dreaded whine returns and there is nothing you can adjust to stop it. My temp fix is to put the battery setting to 80% and leave the AC in. Not sure if this will do more damage in the long term though! D'Oh!!! Oh Sony, get your act together!