Join now - be part of our community!

Noisy FE31Z

edycom12
Visitor

Noisy FE31Z

Hi guys,

I bought a fantastic VAIO FE31Z last week, which has incredible hardware and outstanding performance, in few words, a great laptop. But it has a dark side. I noticed from the very beginning when i turned it on, that the hard drive (or any other component) was noisy. It has reached the point now where it really brakes my concentration to be listening all the time to that "bug" noise. as soon as i move the mouse or i execute anything, the noise starts. It's really disappointing. Is that normal, or there is something wrong with my vaio? Are the SATA drives more noisy than others? Thanks a lot for your help, Cheers!! Ed :smileygrin:

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Did you look at this thread? I know it's tough going, but some people have recieved DVDs with firmwares to fix it.

edycom12
Visitor

Hello Ke-Loo,

Thanks for your reply. I have read all the thread about the clicking noisy, but can't remember anything about a firmware upgrade. Could you please give me some more details about it? Did Sony finally accepted a mistake on the production of these series? Have they found the REAL cause of the problem? Thanks a lot!!

edycom :cool:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The firmware should be on VAIO Link now.