Join now - be part of our community!

Notebook wont boot up!

profile.country.en_GB.title
zero5uk
Explorer

Notebook wont boot up!

Hi

My Notebook crashed itself and froze. I held down the power button to turn it off and got a blue screen with lots of details about system error and software problems.

Now when i try to start up i get 5 options:

start in safe mode
start in safe mode with netowrking
start in safe mode with command prompt

Last known good configuration

start windows as normal

None of them boot up the PC and i get that initial blue screen flashing up before it goes back to trying to reboot from fresh.

Iv also tried the F8 options with no luck.

Has my reliable Sony notebook of 3 years finally bought it? 😞

11 REPLIES 11
HITS-UK
Visitor

This is a standard screen that appears if there has been a serious issue with the OS. Usually this means that somehting got loaded that either did not install correctly or is not compatible.

Can you start the PC successfully in any of the options?

Which OS, which PC?

zero5uk
Explorer

hi hits UK

Its a PCG-NV109M laptop running on XP home 2002

At the time of crashing i was running emule and sharezaa, i havent been running sharezaa for very long so im guessing that might be the problem - do you think?

Every option of rebooting i choose leads onto the windows XP start up (witht the flashing bar etc) but then a blue screen flashes up quickly and the PC goes back to displaying the initial sony logo seen when you 1st turn on your notebook.

regards

HITS-UK
Visitor

Choose the option for plain old SAFE mode with no whistyles and bells. Then go to system restore and go back to a date that it was working well with.

zero5uk
Explorer

safe mode is not working

zero5uk
Explorer

ok this is the blue page imgetting:

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

If this is the 1st time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.If this screen appears again,follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memore options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x82F$F640, 0xC0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

TygerTyger
Visitor

That probably means that Windows has either become corrupted to the point where it can no longer start, or your hard drive has had it.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

As you were using P2P at the time of the initial crash there is a strong possibility that you have had an unwelcome visitor, resulting in a trashed operating system. Your only option that I can think of at this stage is to format the hard drive, reinstall the OS and keep your fingers crossed that it is not the HD that is on the way out.
Good luck.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
hldomster
Visitor

Yup, get your recovery discs and use em, or press F10 (I think) on start up to access the recovery partition.

Damn P2P

kee-lo_

See this is what sucks about Sony, usually you go into the recovery console and copy vital Windows files back to the hard disk and pray it'll let you get in.

Good luck