Join now - be part of our community!

OMG!!!! AHHHHHHH

Eugenepang
Visitor

OMG!!!! AHHHHHHH

My Vaio A317S is not even 3months old now there is A417S!!!!!!!:smileyangry: and guess what its cheaper than A317S with Pentium M 2G, 1G sdram, 256MB graphic card!! etc etc.. :slight_frown:

but one thing i notice is the docking station doesnt had tv tuner and s-master amplifier..

:smileyrolling_eyes: :smileyrolling_eyes:

11 REPLIES 11
Woodenhorse
Visitor

According to Sony you are right
According to this
Site
you aren't.
I think its Obvious though
But still a tough choice

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

LOL, every half year a new model. That is really strange, IMO.

GBS
Visitor

Initially this constant "new" model bothered me, but now I have got used to it. It seems to me that the newer models are lower spec/poorer build quality.

In my series: K-series they are already upto K415. I bought my 115 in June 2004!!!

Strange....

hldomster
Visitor

Damn Sony, I felt sick that there's a FS215S, but the A417S is significantly mored impoved from an A317S, compared to the minor improvement between the FS1 and FS2. Damn Sony (again), I had the FS115S preordered and got it the day it was released, and then 3 months later a new model, thats a ridiculous amount of time. I should get some cashback off Sony.:smileyangry: :angry: :angry:

Eugenepang
Visitor

According to Sony you are right
According to this
Site
you aren't.
I think its Obvious though
But still a tough choice

yeah but according to sony site.. A417S is cheaper than A317s.. so there must be something missing.. so i guess it might be the s-master amplifier and tv tuner.. or else why its cheaper but with higher spec?

Vas
Visitor

I agree with the poorer build quality since 2003.
The prices are coming down as the specs increases for the new Vaio models. But in some places for example the Vaio RA 204 is being sold for more then RA 304 with higher spec, what¿s going on here?

Vas

Vas
Visitor

or else why its cheaper but with higher spec?

That's exactly what I don't understand. Maybe they are still trying to make a big profit out of it. (is it a surprice for company like Sony, well it doesn't look good) :anguished:

Vas

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Mmmh, I bought my FR315S in 2003. Some months late came the FR415S. The only different was the CPU. (2,8 GHz instead of 2,66GHz)

But I know the heat problems of my VAIO. And it is a desktop CPU without speedstep. I don't think it was a good idea to upgrade the CPU in this VAIO. But that is all. It runs without any problems. So, I wouldn't like to buy a new VAIO, and I would have problems like a broken hook.:smileysad:

LOL, if I would buy a new VAIO laptop, then I would buy the oldest and last model of a serie.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Thats life my friend, had the same issues with the RA104 going to RA304 with hidef.... MAKES ME MAD