Join now - be part of our community!

Only English please in the forum !

blackup
Visitor

Only English please in the forum !

Guys, please use only English in this forum.

There are many here who just don't speak your native language.

I am from Greece, imagine if I used the greek language!!! :devil:

Just show us the level of your civilization, show some respect.

Thanks !

:slight_smile:

22 REPLIES 22
Psaila
Visitor

Hello blackup.

I understand your comments , I feel some find it easy to explain the there own native language also to read the replies can be better understood read one's native language

But Its All Greek to Me . :wink:

nemo66
Visitor

@backup

Warum sollte ich als DEUTSCHER (leider bin ich so etwas...) englisch schreiben ( und auch denken ) ???
Nenne mir bitte EINEN GRUND!
Es wird hier in Deuschland sowieso alles "VERENGLISCHT"...und bald auch noch "VERTÜRKT"....
Also.....wem es nicht passt.....der kann .....mich mal....gerne haben! :smileygrin:
Ansonsten wenn mich jemand nervt....ich könnte es auch auf russisch probieren, war "PFLICHTFACH" bei uns in der Schule.
:smileygrin:

So mai liaber....gritzi!!!

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Hi Blackup.

Apologies if my response seems like a rant. It is not intended to. I like to stand up for the minority.

From a personally selfish point of view I would like everyone to post in English because I can't speak any other language (particularly well).

There is a wider consideration over the language issue though for the following reasons:

We're all part of Europe and whilst English is the recognised international language we must consider those who perhaps cannot speak it. If a club user posts in their native language it may simply be down to the fact that they cannot get an answer to their Vaio-related problem in their own country and don't speak English.

I see our French, Spanish, Italian and German neighbours (to name a few) asking various questions and, getting replies in their own language. I see the likes of Kee-Lo responding to these questions on a daily basis and why not. That's a wonderful service and done because he can and wants to help. Just because I can't understand what he's saying doesn't mean he shouldn't do it.

The whole idea of the forum is to provide support for other Vaio users. If someone is having trouble posting in English they shouldn't be discouraged from asking in their native tongue, especialy as there may be other users who can respond. There are plenty of threads that don't concern me or my machine so I don't read them. Simple.

Greek may not be spoken by too many users on the forum but if someone can only speak Greek there shouldn't be a problem with them at least trying to get an answer to their problem. That said, I pretty sure they wouldn't get a response anyway but you never know! You might just be that person who can help!

It's an international club and we welcome everybody. And yes, English is the recognised language but we need to make allowances for those who can't speak it or speak it well.
It's the spirit of the club.

¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ß¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿.:smileygrin:

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

@backup

Warum sollte ich als DEUTSCHER (leider bin ich so etwas...) englisch schreiben ( und auch denken ) ???
Nenne mir bitte EINEN GRUND!
Es wird hier in Deuschland sowieso alles "VERENGLISCHT"...und bald auch noch "VERTÜRKT"....
Also.....wem es nicht passt.....der kann .....mich mal....gerne haben! :smileygrin:
Ansonsten wenn mich jemand nervt....ich könnte es auch auf russisch probieren, war "PFLICHTFACH" bei uns in der Schule.
:smileygrin:

So mai liaber....gritzi!!!

Ich kann nicht mit Ihnen mehr einverstandenSEIN. Wohles besagtes!

Sekigahara
Visitor

Nun ja, die meisten Beiträge von mir hier sind in deutsch und englisch geschrieben, aus dem Grund, dass mich alle verstehen.
Wenn ich mich spezifisch an eine Person hier richte, und diejendige deutsch spricht, so werde ich deutsch benutzen, weil es, auf eine Art meine Muttersprache, ist.
Falls ich einfach so deutsch spreche, wende ich mich ja automatisch an alle Deutschsprechenden.
Aber ich werde mich keiner Sonderregel unterwerfen, denn ich fühle mich verpflichtet die deutsche Sprache zu ehren :wink:
Sie ist viel komplexer als der mögliche Rest an Sprachen hier, und das soll geehrt werden :grin:

Well some of my posts here, I think the most, are in german and english. I did write in both languages to be able to cummunicate with all guys here. But since all german users here can also speak german, it would not be necessary to write in german. But I want to, cause it's my mother tongue and I like this language. It's more difficult etc than any other possible language here and I want to honor that :grin:
But if I talk to someone I know that he can speak german, I speak/write german.

So I'd like to write my posts also in frech, italian and latin, but I don't have time for it...

aso, und etz gopfertelli nachemal tüet doch nid so blöd, wänn einä mäint er müsi inärä schpeziellä schprach schribä dänn ischäs ja eh siini schuld wänem niemer druf antwortät.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

One thing I have never been able to do is sp[reaken di Deutch, sorry, that's probably really bad!

I do speak little Spanish and Itailian, but my forte is French.

The big problem is knowing ziltch about VAIO Pocket... :slight_smile:

I can understand your frustrations, but if you're that interested use a translator to get the gist of the post.

nemo66
Visitor

PEOPLE listen...(incl. Kee-Lo) :tongue:

SONY is JAPAN!

So let´s write japanese !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin:

Now u all must agree with me.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Kumishua!

Sianora!

TygerTyger
Visitor

OK I'm sorry but I disagree with this on so many levels. Firstly you have only made one single post - to tell others how to talk - so I hardly think you are in the position to be the one wot does the tellin'. Secondly the English speaking world in particular is crap at learning other languages, and no doubt so are others. If they don't speak English as billions don't then I would like them to feel comfortable talking as best they can. Okay so 99% of people here may not understand them but at least we made an effort. And as a final (moot) point, all languages are enrichened by the seeping infiltraion of other languages, so the more mixing the better :smileygrin:.