Join now - be part of our community!

Original 1920x1200 vaio wallpapers

ckmdb
Visitor

Original 1920x1200 vaio wallpapers

Hi.

Where can I find the original Vaio Wallpapers in size 1920x1200 for my vgn-a117s? I've just installed xp pro instead of the (recovery) home edition and therefore I lost these files. On club-vaio.com the wallpapers are only available up to a resolution of 1600x1200.

thanks,

chris (ger)

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Are they not on your recovery DVD?

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Hi
I Found a thread on the fun page that might be what you are looking for.

http://www.club-vaio.sony-europe.com/clubvaio/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=2519

If that doesn't get you there its titled (SHARE) All my vaio stufs.. and is on the first or second page.:smileyhappy:

ckmdb
Visitor

Are they not on your recovery DVD?

That's the problem.
As I've already wrote I installed Windows XP Pro instead of the provided Home Edition. I was able to install all necessary drivers (downlaoded form the vaio support centre) but I'm not able to access to the Recovery DVD ("VAIO Sicherheitskopie für Sony-Serie VGN-A100)". Even if I go to the directory SONY and try to start "recovery.exe" manually nothing happens. Therefore I can't install utilities like the wallpapers, screensavers, WinDVD, Norton Security, Adobe Premiere or any other application, which is part of the software bundle provided with the notebook.
How can I get the files from the Recovery DVD?

thanks,

chris

kee-lo_

Damn, I thought they just had the wallpapers on the disk.

toorts
Visitor

Hello,

I have also installed Windows XP with SP1a english on my vaio VGN-A117S laptop, but I have problems with the bluetooth device. When I use the bluetooth/wireless button on the front of the laptop, windows says found new hardware UGX and i simply can't find the drivers for this device. I know it is the bluetooth.
Did you have a simular problem and if so how did you solve it?

Thanks for any response:smileyhappy:

kee-lo_

Check c:\drivers\

BTW what has this got to do with wallpapers?

toorts
Visitor

Hi Kee-Lo

Not so much, but ckmdb has upgraded to win XP Pro, so I wanted to know if he had the same problems before I posted a new thread.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Thats more than likely where the problem lies!

As I've already wrote I installed Windows XP Pro instead of the provided Home Edition

Sony seem to lock the Recovery DVD so it only works with the original operating system (in your case WIndows XP Home Edition), so any attempt to use any of the software with an upgraded OS or a previous version of Windows will fail. This would explain the
VAIO Sicherheitskopie für Sony-Serie VGN-A100
error.

Hope this helps.:smileyhappy: