Join now - be part of our community!

OSD for Volume Setting

WaldmeisterB
Visitor

OSD for Volume Setting

Hi there,

I would like to know, which Driver/Program I have to install for getting back my OSD/functions, if I press one of my Buttons for Volume or Brightness. I got a A417M.

It seems that the Buttons have no function at all. The problem is, I cant use the recovery dvds because I would like to migrate to Win VISTA.

Does anyone have a hint for me.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi WaldmeisterB and welcome to Club Vaio.

Download the pre-installed utilities for your model from Vaio-Link. Extract the file and then install the following in this order:

1 Sony Utilities (installer folder 1)
2 Sony shared Library (installer folder 2)
3 Vaio Event Service (installer folder 7)

…and then re-boot. You may find that you need to repeat this procedure a couple of times before the hotkeys work correctly.

EDIT: silly question maybe, but you are using the Fn key in combination with the volume/brightness key?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
WaldmeisterB
Visitor

Thanks for your quick answer. I am going to try this! But as I remember, the folder 7 did not work correctly in Vista!

Are you sure, that I have to repeat that procedure more than one time?
I just tried one time and nothing worked. Maybe that was my fault.

By the way, I got some extra keys for Brightness and so on! And if I press them in XP an OSD appears. Thats what I would like to have in Vista , too.

Thanks again in advance for your answer.

Waldi

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You didn’t make it clear that you had already migrated to Vista. Sorry, I have no idea whether Vaio Event Service will work with that operating system. It will be a case of suck it and see, but certainly in Win XP it has been know to take up to three attempts before the install procedure takes.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat