Join now - be part of our community!

overheating monitor

PeterJukes
Visitor

overheating monitor

Anyone else experience a hot, and slighty hot plastic smelling monitor, on the VGC VA1? I've tried to diagnose with speedfan. The CPU is fine temp wise, but there are FOUR fans listed, one at 0 rpm/ Could that be the monitor? Do I have to send the whole monster machine back just to get a small fan repaired?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sounds like it's stopped.

If you're experienced you could open it up and see if you can get it running again, but if not then VAIO-Link will want you to send the whole item in. They do arrange it all for you so you just need to put it in the box.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Is your VAIO new?

They smell could be because of shrinking cables too. :thinking:

HITS-UK
Visitor

DW

My VA1 does not smell or have anything vaguely niffy so I'd seriously consider taking it back from whence it came and get yourself a replacement if you think there is a hardware failure.

I take it that you bought this new and from a reseller - in which case I would be putting it back in its box and taking it back asking for a replacement. Do not accept "... take it up with Sony ..." or "... here's Sony's number, this is what you do .."

It is the reseller's job to deal with this - that is why they get a discount and sales margin from the manufacturer.

If it doesn't work - take it back.

DW