Join now - be part of our community!

BOOTING PROCESS BRIEFLY INTERRUPTED BY BLANK SCREEN

Dylan-Bob
Visitor

BOOTING PROCESS BRIEFLY INTERRUPTED BY BLANK SCREEN

Hello VAIO-users,

After fixing the HAL.dll error (see earlier post), booting went smoothly.

Then I resized the three partitions and since then, the booting process is briefly (seconds) interrupted by a blank screen. Inbetween the Windows-Logo with a black and the W-L with a blue background. In the end, I can still log in without any further problem.

I wonder how I could get rid if this unusual interruption. If have not found a comparable problem on this forum yet.

Your assistance would be highly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Hi

I'm not sure if this will be very useful but here goes lol.

One reason might be that Windows is still adjusting its configuration data based on the fact that now the Windows Activation (*Shudder*) application is monitoring hardware changes on the computer, which may well include partition sizes.

Now this is something of a guess to an extent, maybe defragmenting your hard disks may help.

In any event because its only a brief pause, and more importantly, Windows boots correctly then as the old saying goes, if it ain't broke don't fix it! :smileygrin:

Dylan-Bob
Visitor

Dear James,

Thanks for the advice, which I have followed. Before defragmenting the HD, the files were randomly spread over the partitions. Unfortunately, defragmenting did not end the short interruption at booting.

I'd welcome further advice, but without a solution, I'll be happy as well. As you say, Windows boots and that's the bottom line. Particularly in light of the tough HAL.dll problem I had earlier.

I'll let you know if I find the solution. Thanks again for the consult!