Join now - be part of our community!

Overseas Warranty

sdj1704
Visitor

Overseas Warranty

Not very happy Sony, I was advised by one of your Sony Centre's that I could purchase an overseas warranty at any time during the first year of ownership.
I am now living in the USA and I have discovered that I had to have bought this warranty within 45 days of purchase.
I have just hit 60 days!
So I am out of luck. Lets hope it doesnt break then! :slight_frown:

9 REPLIES 9
TygerTyger
Visitor

Ring them up and then tell them what happened. It's only been a few days I'm sure they bend a bit since they made a mistake.

HITS-UK
Visitor

I had this exact problem with my C1VN that I bought in the US and then returned here. I was about a month over the limit and was told NO. Should have learnt my lesson then!

sdj1704
Visitor

Sony said NO
Great isnt it.
You can upgrade your warranty at any time during the first twelve months but not the overseas service.

Thanks Sony

hldomster
Visitor

I heard somewhere on here that Sonycentre isn't really Sony, its apparently owned by a different company.

Can you not have it insured separately, for breakdown etc??

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Thats right hld....

Thats a disgrace you should be able to buy it within the first 12 months. They keep moving the goalposts!

HITS-UK
Visitor

As I understand it all Sony Centres in the UK are a franchise and are allowed to use the Sony name and logo. They are NOT, however, anything to do with Sony at all. Kind of goofy really - Sony gets all the hype and some dumb schmuk wants to take the flak.

I went to the Galleria in Tottenham Court Road, London a few weeks ago and they know virtually nothing about the systems. Really an apalling service. Thankfully I don't have the problem down here as the nearest Sony Centre is either Barnstaple, Exeter or Plymouth all of which are over 50 miles away. May as well fly to Japan - it's almost cheaper and quicker.

kee-lo_

The Sony Centre in Liverpool is closed, they liquidated LOL

Invoker
Visitor

Overseasing Warranty.. sony knows how to get our money :smileygrin:

kee-lo_

Overseasing Warranty.. sony knows how to get our money :smileygrin:

True