Join now - be part of our community!

Part screen not responding

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
RobertCOA
New

Part screen not responding

My computer = Sony SVL2413M1EB

I note that at infrequent times the control bar at the top of the screen in a number of programs goes dead.

The Delete button can sometimes be operated by clicking on the button surround but not on its logo.

Sometimes I cannot save my work unless I close the program and then I am asked if I wish to save.

Internet Explorer 11, OpenOffice 4 and Incredimail are some of the effected programs. Some buttons after the first four inches from the left do continue to work. It is not the whole line which dies.

Any help will be most appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi RobertCOA and welcome.

I don't pretend to know an answer but it sounds hardware related and, unfortunately, you will need to speak to Sony Support.

To contact Support, go here and click on 'Vaio and Computing'

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts

You will need to enter your Vaio's Serial Number and then you will be given contact options.  The telephone support is usually most effective.

:wink:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RobertCOA
New

This is an addition to the main question.

I have discovered today that the problem is a dead area on the top left of the screen. If pages I wish to work on are made smaller (top right control) they can be moved over to the right. Once there the buttons all work OK.

I would be grateful if anyone could say if it is a problem whereby I need to send the computer away for repair?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi RobertCOA and welcome.

I don't pretend to know an answer but it sounds hardware related and, unfortunately, you will need to speak to Sony Support.

To contact Support, go here and click on 'Vaio and Computing'

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts

You will need to enter your Vaio's Serial Number and then you will be given contact options.  The telephone support is usually most effective.

:wink:

RobertCOA
New

Dear Blencogo

I have taken your advice and am now in contact with Sony. I have had a reply from them with some detailed action suggested. Not a computer buff, I will have to pay attention to the instructions and with Christmas almost upon us it might take some time.

However, I wanted to say THANK YOU, for if people like you did not make these kind gestures, people like me would have a very hard time.

May I wish you a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS.

Robert 

RobertCOA
New

I have been recommended to return the computer for a service and John Lewis the company from which I bought the computer has arranged to collect it this coming week. I found out that the one year warranty from Sony was increased by John Lewis for an extra year. This is a most generous and unexpected gesture and most welcome.