Join now - be part of our community!

pb powering external USB2 hard drive

bigjules
Visitor

pb powering external USB2 hard drive

Hi,

I'm on a VAIO-Z1SP, win XP pro SP2 and I've bought a LaCie 80 Go USB2 external hard drive (the little one, 2,5" size, with no external alimentation).
When I plug it on any of the 2 usb ports, I've an error message said that the host can't deliver enought power (something like that, I've this message in french :wink:
"Crête d'alimentation sur le port du concentrateur. Un préiphétique USB a dépassé les limites de l'alimentation de son port de concentrateur. Cliquez sur ce message pour blablabla..."
On this forum I've seen a post confirm that all the usb ports are not USB2... I'll try to put a screenshot off my peripheric manager.
Off course I've tried to put this disk on 5 other laptop and it works fine, just one time I had to put the secondary usb cable, wich is connected on the power port off the disk.
And one of this other laptops was a Sony VAIO Z1M, the HD works fine with it (don't need the 2nd cable).

I hope I was clear, and really hope someone could help me! :thinking: Thanks a lot for reading me !

10 REPLIES 10
bigjules
Visitor

Here it is :

That say "The peripheral can't start (Code 10). Clic on "Resolve" for start resolution..."

(sorry for the time to read and answer, I haven't find how to be in touch when someone post an answer here)