Join now - be part of our community!

pcg-k315s , function keys driver needed

tazg101
Visitor

pcg-k315s , function keys driver needed

I have a vaio pcg-k315s and re-installed all the software myself. NOw after reinstallation the function buttons don;t work, the ones on the fuctions keys that control volume, brightness etc. Where is the driver for this as its not in the drivers or utilities package on the vaio-line site. any help please?

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi

Go to C:\Utils and run utils.exe

It's also available to download on VAIO-Link

tazg101
Visitor

thanks for quick reply, I still got can;t find it. this is the vaio link page for my system http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/select/select.asp?l=en&m=1750

where is it here? thanks

kee-lo_

Strnage, I can't see that page here.

It's part of the original utilities and software

TaM
Visitor

hello,
i'm also looking to reinstall this function (control brightness and sound) and still looking for "utils.exe"
on the vaio-link.com there is an archive "K3_Utilities.zip" but i can't find it !
help
please
++

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

You must download the utilities package from VAIO-Link.

There you can find all what you need. You can find the drivers in the driver package.

Kei
Visitor

Hahaha!! Just like me.

You won't find the utils.exe anywhere in VAIO-Link. Trust me you can't find it on VAIO-Link.
They don't have it. Sony VAIO-Link's drivers and utility packages available for download are obsolete and you MUST use the drivers and utilities bundled with your VAIO.

Hence, you must reinstall/recover your VAIO to its original factory state and then backup the drivers and utilities inside, then reinstall whatever software or operating system you want and install the drivers you recently backed up.

That's the only option. Otherwise stick with the original factory installation settings.

kee-lo_

Depends on the VAIO, some have it, some don't

seb21__
Visitor

Ah, true.

Normaly there must be a driver and utilitie package. But it seems not for the PCG-K315S. I would write a ugly mail to the e-support. Or call VAIO-Link for the package.

seb21__
Visitor

LOL, guys. the driver are there.

http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/select/select.asp?l=de&m=1750

Yes there are is no utils.exe. But the drivers are in the package.