Join now - be part of our community!

battery life

davidstrachan
Visitor

battery life

The claimed battery life on the vaio pocket is 20 hours. However if I don't keep mine on the cradle, it is nowhere near that. two trips away recently, each a week long, each using the vaio for one or two hours max, and its flat at the end of a week. Have I a duff battery or is this a design fault?

3 REPLIES 3
hldomster
Visitor

You must remember that Sony will calculate the maximum battery life at lowest performance. This will mean all files are ATRAC3plus format, playing at minimum volume, without the user interacting with the VP (as the backlight will drain battery). I normally get about 6 good hours and I mainyl have ATRAC files and I normaly play at full volume. My advice is turn the volume down, or by an HD5 in July:smileygrin: :wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

that doesn't sound right, my VP was on half battery and i left it playing overnight and it still lasted a trip from London to Bristol and most of the way back.. Also I doubt the volume will have a particular effect on the battery life, the screen and hard drive will affect them much more

HeartOfDarkness
Visitor

It does have a very long battery life, yet you have to take into account that leaving it in your bag and not putting it back whenever you can on its craddle will harm its battery life: the VP discharges itself even when turned off (at least, all those I was able to try did, and quite a few user feedbacks corroborate this).

So whenever you're not using it, put it back on its craddle.

For information, my VGF-AP1L runs for about 19 hours straight with regular "user-activity" and 32 ~ 60 Ohms earphones plugged into them at 75% - 80% volume, with 256 kbps ~ 320 kbps mp3s.