Join now - be part of our community!

PCG K315Z motherboard model and monitoring software

vaio_lo
Visitor

PCG K315Z motherboard model and monitoring software

hi to all!
sorry for my english but I' m italian.
I've just bought a formidable vaio notebook model pgc k315z and I have some question...
fan speed is always "high" ...it's normal?
someone could say me the motherboard model (name, etc)? I would install a monitoring software/program and I've download MBM 5.3.7.0, but while installing, program ask me the motherboard model.
My notebook model don't appear in the list of possibilities...
What do I do? I Should shape manually sensors?

thanks to all

4 REPLIES 4
TygerTyger
Visitor

You have a high powered pentium, it's normal for the fan to be on high most of the time. If you really dont like it, there's a Power Options section in Control Panel where you can change it between Quiet and Performance.

As for the other question, I don't know what that software is, but I'm guessing it's for measuring the temperature? In which case this software should do the trick instead.

vaio_lo
Visitor

thanks Tyger Tyger
currently it goes well therefore

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

TT: The MBM software is used to measure motherboard statistics, temperatures and other vital statistics but it is highly motherboard specific, and the Sony Q-Project Mainboards are not currently supported.

A similar and easier to use piece of software is Lavalys Everest Home Edition which does a similar job to MBM.

For most purposes, Tygers suggestion is fine...:smileywink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

It's been a long time coming this support in MBM though, I wish they'd get a move on