Join now - be part of our community!

pcg-Z1XSP and Wi-Fi

gserrade
Visitor

pcg-Z1XSP and Wi-Fi

Hi
After a big lot of test my Wireless network stay 'not available' (in French: non disponible)
For Windows the Wifi card is OK, the Wireless button is ON,
the XP service for WiFi is started
(the bluetooth led is blue, but the Wifi led is off)
and of course my vaio can't detect my Wifi router (netgear DG834G)

What's the problem to activate the Wi-fi Network

Thanks
Georges

2 REPLIES 2
stevep-4
Visitor

I too have the netgear DG834G router, but use a Z1RSP (without DVD writer). I am not at home at the moment, so a little bit of guessing.....

CHeck that the router is set up correctly.

Ensure router is NOT too close to the computer or screens. (These can affect the wireless signal)

I assume you connect the router to your desk computer with Ethernet. GO in to the Router as administrator, and see what wireless devices the router can see.

If it can see your Laptop, ADD the laptop to the approved devices list.

I recall it took me ages to actually get my system up and running. Cannot recall what the actual problems were though....sorry.

My first DG834G failed when I tried to install upgraded firmware from Netgear.....if it works, leave it well alone !!

gserrade
Visitor

Hi Steve
I solve my problem myself, but I think that my story can help some people!

First I note that the Wifi Led (Yellow) was ON after Windows boot but before my primary logon (my logon !), and the bluetooth led was ON (Blue)
Second with my wife logon, le WiFi LCD still ON in this session and the Bluetooth LED was OFF !!!!
and .... of course the Wifi connection with my router OK

The solution ?

Few month ago, I have tested the bluetooth connection with my pda CLIE TG50 ... and for this test I have switch ON MY SESSION, the Windows square gray smart button (rigth of the screen) to Bluetooth ONLY

This choice is in fact at the session level, and isn't a system definition, and not modifiable in the system/network configuration
Georges
:tongue: :slight_smile: