Join now - be part of our community!

pcmcia slot broken

mvvarsani
Visitor

pcmcia slot broken

a couple of weeks back my laptop fell from the desk sideways and i had a wireless cardbus in the pcmcia slot. so as it fell on the cardbus, it broke one of the pins in the pcmcia slot.. (i know this because i opened it and saw it myself).. is there any way i can buy the pcmcia slot from somewhere.. or is there any wireless cards that i can put in its place.. please let me know..

oh my laptop is pcg-k315m
the number written on the pcmcia slot is 04436TD3

thanx for helping..

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi mvvarsani,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

You may be able to obtain one from Nexttronics.
They are a US based company however they do ship worldwide..

mvvarsani
Visitor

that website shows a hell of a complicated picture of the motherboard.. and i cant tell one part from the other.. thanx though.. will try and concentrate harder to find the part that i need.. but if you ve any more sites that i can look at that are easier then please let me know..

also i was looking to replace the pcmcia slot with integrated wireless card that can fit in its place.. so as to avoid the same thing happening again..

thanx for helping..

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

maybe someone could repair that one pin?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You could always contact the Technical team for the part required.

mvvarsani
Visitor

i think it would be a lot cheaper if i just bought a new part.. cos the labour cost would be more than the part itself.. so to repair the pin is a no no...

William
Visitor

It looks like you need:

Part: 121
Part Number: 1-818-420-21
Description: PC CARD CONNECTOR
Price: $47.38 plus shipping

BUT please double check :wink:

mvvarsani
Visitor

thanx but thats not the part.. i even asked their technical team but they said thay dont do that exact part..

but thanx anyway.. appreciate your help..