Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Laptop Warranty

revad
Visitor

Vaio Laptop Warranty

I have recently purchased a Vaio Laptop from dabs.com which I have registered as requested during the instalation process, but when I log in to e-support I was asked to give a warranty contract number which I cannot find anywhere in the package. I am a little confused and concerned because at the moment it looks on e-support as if my new laptop does not have a warranty. Surely this cannot be correct?

4 REPLIES 4
revad
Visitor

I guess no one else has had this experience, but just in-case someone else does here is what I had to do.

I raised a case on e-support and asked the question regarding warranty.

They responded by getting me to fax or email a copy of my purchase receipt to support@vaio-link.com

Hopefully this will resolve the issue withing the next 24-48 hours.

I'll add another note if and when :slight_smile:

BartK
Visitor

This is an optional field.
You do not need to fill-in this field if you didn't purchase an optional warranty pack (Vaio+, VPPS) that would extend your warranty.

revad
Visitor

Thanks. I did understand that, the problem was that the warranty expirey date was set to the purchase date and I was trying to figure out how to get it set to the purchase date + 1 year (as all products purchased in the UK have a one year warranty by default).

Still hopefully it will be all sorted in the next 48 hours, which is just as well as the touchpad has failed (see other post).

Thanks for commenting, always appreciated.:smileyhappy:

revad
Visitor

Warranty now updated on e-support. :slight_smile:

Which is just as well as the Vaio has to go back to have the touchpad repaired on Monday :slight_frown: