Join now - be part of our community!

PCV-RSM31 USB devices not recognized

starcarrier
Visitor

PCV-RSM31 USB devices not recognized

Hi!

I use an SONY VAIO Desktop PCV-RSM31 with WINDOWS XP Home SP2. I am having lot of troubles using USB-devices, none of them are recognized. I would like to use my USB-stick which I can plug in on any PC running WINDOWS with no problem, it gets recognized. on my PC it wants drivers for it to be installed first... this happens with almost any USB device (wireless keyboard, mouse, MP3-player). I assume there is some kind of update for the chipset or the likes missing which enables the system to work with USB devices ? I didnt find any major update for my PC under www.vaio-link.com, I updated the BIOS to 2005 but this didnt help.

I really need some help with this issue and I would appreciate any comments on how to solve this!

thanx in advance!

regards,
Hans

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Hans and welcome to Club Vaio.

There have been a lot of USB problems recently and I'm not sure anyone has found the solution.

Check that you have the "Plug and Play" service running: -

Start -> Right Click on My Computer -> Manage -> Services and Applications -> Double Click on Services.

Scroll down to 'Plug and Play' - Is the Service 'Started' and is the Startup Type set to 'Automatic'?

:thinking:

starcarrier
Visitor

Hi!

thanx for your reply!

actually it is the PC of a friend which ahas the described problems.
WINDOWS XP Home was installed new recentlx, so I assume that the PnP service is working correctly, but I will ask him to look at this.

do You know any other approach/solution for the described probelms ?

may be an chipset-update for the INTEL chipset would help, but this is not provied via the VAIO-support-site. I assume I would have to look for this on the INTEL-site.

thanx for any further suggestions!

regards,
Hans