Join now - be part of our community!

Touchpad drivers

Dietermaes
Visitor

Touchpad drivers

Hi

I want to tweak the settings of the touchpad on my AR21S. I remember there were some touchpad only settings in the mouse properties. But I installed a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 with the Intellipoint software, which seems to have removed the touchpad tabs in the mouse properties (and added some tabs for the mouse). I tried removing the Intellipoint software, but the touchpad tabs didn't come back. I also downloaded the correct driverpack, but I can't find any useful files in the POINTING folder, except for some exe's that don't do anything and an inf file that isn't recognised when selecting it in the new hardware wizard.

Is there way to get my touchpad settings back?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Dietermaes,

Try updating the driver for the pointing device in Device Manager (Right click My Computer Icon > Properties > on the Hardware tab click Device Manager).

Locate Mice and Other Pointing Devices and expand. You should see a pointing device listed or possibly a PS/2 mouse > right click this and select ‘Update Driver’. On the next window select ‘No, not this time’ and click Next. On the following window select ‘Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) > click next.

You then have two options - ‘Search for the best driver in theses locations’ > browse to the location of the downloaded .inf file to included it in the search and click next.

If that is not accepted as the correct driver then go back and select ‘Don’t search. I will choose the driver to install.’ And click Next.

Hopefully you will see the correct hardware listed, but if not then click ‘Have Disk’ and again browse to the location of the relevant .inf file.

One of these methods will hopefully restore the correct drivers.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Dietermaes
Visitor

That works, thanks!

I have another question. I really like my old (BENQ M800) PS/2 mouse. Since the AR21S doesn't have a PS/2 port, I use a PS/2 to USB converter. The light red light of the optical mouse reacts (it goes brighter when being moved) but the computer doesn't find this mouse. Any solutions for this?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I would suggest that you get yourself a USB optical mouse, they are cheap enough and this should solve your problems.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Dietermaes
Visitor

Thanks for the reaction. I did bought a usb mouse (Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000), I just wanted to know if it was possible to use my old mouse, which I'm more used to. But it isn't really a p problem.