Join now - be part of our community!

Some VAIO VGN-FE28H

profile.country.es_ES.title
dagonas
Visitor

Some VAIO VGN-FE28H

Hi

I have bought recently a VAIO VGN-FE28H and I have some questions.

1) I don't like so much Windows Media Center and i decide to reinstall from a original windows Xp professional
When i have reinstalled it, i updated all the drivers. When i tried to install the Sigmatel CXD9872 High Definition Audio Codec it reported me "object not found"

what can i do? i tried the drivers from the recovery cd's

2) When i tried to install some vaio utilities from the other recover dvd, it reported me that my notebook is not a Vaio

3) The battery metter (a blue battery icon) reported me 69% of charge always (when it is not plugged)

Sorry for my english, i'm spanish

Greetings and thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Dagonas and welcome to Club Vaio.

Have you installed the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for high Definition Audio (KB835221 or the newer KB888111) first? This allows the sound chip to be recognised.

You should find this in C:\Drivers\Hotfix\KB888111 - it is part of the Sony Preinstalled Driver download.

If you haven't got it in that directory and can't get it from your recovery discs, you can download it from several sites.

Try
http://www.thehotfix.net/kb/KB888111.htm

:wink:

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

You can download it by Microsoft Update too.

profile.country.es_ES.title
dagonas
Visitor

Hi

Thanks for your replies

I will try that hotfix when i decide to reinstall. I'm sure it will works

But.. what about the other two questions?

2) After reinstall Windos XP, i install some vaio utilities from the other recover dvd. When i launch them, it reported me that my notebook is not a Vaio

And the other one,

I have full charged the battery. Then, i switched on the vaio and the blue battery icon reported me 91% of charge

Please, help me

Thanks to all!
Gracias a todos!

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: