Join now - be part of our community!

PCV-RZ502P Desktop DVD-RW LG GWA-4040B

hlm2004
Visitor

PCV-RZ502P Desktop DVD-RW LG GWA-4040B

I am having alot of problems of when buying certified X4 speed disc's the max speed i get is only X2 on writing i have looked for a firmware driver with no luck. its a shame a top end Sony PC has to have a unknown LG Drive, HELP !!:smileydevil:

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.en_GB.title
tellingd
Visitor

What exactly is the issue here - finding disks or is the drive not operating properly - please clarify.

hlm2004
Visitor

the DVD rom is working the problem is that i used cert. bulkpaq -R DVD X4 red discs burn at 4 speed no problems

i bought orange bulkpaq IR DVD X4 and it will only burn at x2

i have bought other cert. brands of DVD-R discs and only the Red Bulkpaq discs are burning at correct speed

need a firmware driver to make the drive more compatable (please help)

I have used different DVD burning programs but the results are the same always.:smileycry:

tellingd
Visitor

Check VAIO link for any updates for your machine. Otherwise you may be restricted to one media type :slight_frown:

Look on the bright side - at least it works :smileygrin:

kee-lo_

Do not use non-standard DVD colours to burn on, they are less reliable than the blue ones which is the industry standard.

hlm2004
Visitor

do you know why Sony used a LG drive when Sony's drive would is much more better, reads more disc types and would be alot more supported

hlm2004
Visitor

Don't understand colours on the top face is orange, the disc is normal blue/purple colour

kee-lo_

OH I see, sorry.
Yeah agree that Sony's drives are better.
Have you tried TDK?

hlm2004
Visitor

No but they are expensive i do have a problem now i just bought a pack of a 100 orange bulkpaqs. Because the red ones were ok DUH !!

kee-lo_

Thats why it's best to buy a small pack to see if they work with the dvd writer before buying masses in bulk.