Join now - be part of our community!

Trouble with Sonicstage to Clie

paulmase
Visitor

Trouble with Sonicstage to Clie

I have been trying to exchange songs between my PEG-NX70V and my Sony PCV-W1 uisng Sonictage 1.6. But Sonicstage will not reconignse the Clie ???
It will also not play ATRAC3 files, but will play MP3 files...and as you know Sonicstage cannot change ATRAC to MP3.....so i am stuck and sick as a chip.
Can anyone help me with this ??

4 REPLIES 4
HITS-UK
Visitor

Before launching SonicStage you will need to use MSImport or Data Exchange to connect the Clie to the PC. Launch Sonic whatsit and then you should see the memory stick of the Clie.

Pierce
Visitor

What kind of memory card do you have?

I found that using the 128mb Mem stick pro doesnt have problems...any stick above will not be recognised. Download the software from clie-plaza and when inserting your clie into the cradle go to the musicplayer, get the options menu and press import..your clie will now be recognised by Sonicstage and will stay online whereas with hotsync it will not (NO permanent connection)

HITS-UK
Visitor

Not sure about SonicStage 2 yet, but earlier versions would not work with the Memory Stick Pro series at all. You need to use MagiGate sticks as well. Best thing to do is to use MP3 format, DO NOT use SonicStage and download music to the stick using 3rd party stuff.

AlanHudson
Visitor

I'd agree with that - before I bought my iPod, I ripped music using MusicMatch Jukebox, transferred selected mp3s to a regular Memory Stick and they played without any problems in my NX70V. Stay away from Sonic Stage - too many issues with rights management.