Join now - be part of our community!

PCV - V1 volume

MattyEF
Visitor

PCV - V1 volume

Hi all. Newbie here.
I have a PCV - V1 and find that the factory max volume is not loud enough (I've got young kids and sometimes you are left with no choice but to take it up a notch!). Is there anything I can do to change the settings?
Apologies to all you Vaio masters if you have already done this one - I did check a month or so worth of previous threads (honest).

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Welcome to the forum Matty.
I take it that you have already adjusted to max volume buy either double clicking the volume icon in the system tray (or click start > all programs > accessories > entertainment > volume control?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Winamp has a feature where you can crank up the music - might be helpful.

MattyEF
Visitor

I take it that you have already adjusted to max volume buy either double clicking the volume icon in the system tray (or click start > all programs > accessories > entertainment > volume control?

Hello Rich - yes I have tried that. That's the problem really: the max volume is not quite max enough!

MattyEF
Visitor

Winamp has a feature where you can crank up the music - might be helpful.

Thanks Kee-Lo - will investigate further

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Max volume on my system causes complaints from the next village:smileygrin:
What speaker system are you using?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
MattyEF
Visitor

I'm currently using the built-in speakers only -so that's my answer then? External speakers and await the ASBO?
:laughing:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Yup, that¿s your answer. Internal speakers are next to useless for serious music listening (or anything else to come to that). Get yourself a minimum of a 2.1 system with a decent Subwoofer and the ASBO¿s will come rolling in.:smileygrin: I have a Logitech Z3 (approx £70). Not a top end system, but for the price excellent value.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
MattyEF
Visitor

OK - thanks for the help

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Get yourself a minimum of a 2.1 system

minimum? That is perfect for listen music. An excellent Hifi system is much better than a cheap Dolby digital system, which cost the same money.:smileytongue: