Join now - be part of our community!

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP: vaio entertainment platform... (where can i download)?

agswilson
Visitor

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP: vaio entertainment platform... (where can i download)?

I'll be soo grateful if someone can help me. I recently had a virus and think i managed to delete it + some other software in the process.

All is ok, but can't use Vaio zone/ launcher as 'VAIO ENTERTAINMENT PLATFORM' is not installed. Where can i get this?

I can only see upgrades to it, but these don't work as I havn't got anything to upgrade.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi agswilson and welcome.

As with most Sony software, you cannot download the original programs - only updates.

You can reinstall the program from either your Recovery Partition or from your Recovery Discs.

1. To reinstall from your Recovery Partition (this will only work so long as you have not formatted your hard drive) Start -> All Programs -> VAIO Recovery Tool -> VAIO Recovery Utility.

At the Opening screen click on "OPTIONS" at the bottom and choose to 'reinstall programs that were previously installed'. Yes->Yes and choose Vaio Entertainment from the list.

2. To reinstall from your Recovery Discs (this will only work if you made the Recovery Disc set), insert your Disc 2 (Applications Recovery Disc) and it should autorun and take you to the same Opening screen.

:wink:

agswilson
Visitor

Hi, thanks for your quick reply... I've tried both, but can only see a list of programs such as:

Vaio Zone
SonicStage
MS works
WinDVD
DVgate
Vaio edit components and about 10 other programmes but none are 'Vaio Entertainment platform'...

I thought I was almost there.... :slight_frown:
Is there something I could install which includes the Vaio entertainment platform?

Thanks in advance

agswilson
Visitor

OK, something has worked.. but it's not totally fixed.

Now I can open Vaio Zone. but can't view TV or media. Instead I get

VzTaskScheduler.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Sometimes I get VaioEnt.exe has encountered a problem (this comes up if i try to view settings)

Any help would be very appreciated...

:slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi agswilson,

There is a possibility that dependences for vaio entertainment platform have either been corrupted or deleted. I suggest that you try reinstalling all of the pre-installed utilities (download from Vaio-Link)

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
agswilson
Visitor

Hi, thanks for reply, most of the files on vaiozone are new versions and cant be installed as I dont have 'Vaio Entertainment Platform' installed (doh!)

I've tried from the recovery CD, and kind of works, but am now stuggling with:

VztaskSchedule.exe (found in C:/Prog/Sony/Vaio Entertainment) it has funny icon. Could someone email me this exe? alex@freelance.st

also

Vaioent.exe will automatically close when i try and adjust Vaio Zone or open any media...

Alex