Join now - be part of our community!

Please help ... Vista upgrade!

deejaybee
Visitor

Please help ... Vista upgrade!

Hello everyone!

Can someone please help me, I have bought two Sony Vaio laptops, both are vista upgradable through the sony express upgrade site.

I have just filled out all the information for both laptops, serials and COA numbers.

When ive chosen "Debit Card" as a payment option and click next, I get a blue screen telling me I have an "unrecoverable error".

ive tried calling moduslink, not able to get through.

I have no contact number for Sony, and they dont reply to emails.

I am a first time buyer with Sony, and so far.. to be honest, im devestated by their absolute lack of customer service and or complete failure to manage this vista upgrade process properly.

Does anyone have a Sony support number? I know they dont deal with Sony upgrades themselves but someone HAS to speak to me, I would settle with Sony for the moment.

Im very close to just returning the laptops.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi deejaybee,

I'm afraid Microsoft/ModusLink appear to have become swamped and it is not just you having the problem. Most users of most makes of PC seem to have the same problem.

I'm not here to defend Sony but I believe they are powerless to do anything and they have probably now become swamped with calls that they cannot answer due to this promotion being run by a third party.

You can try phoning SONY VAIO-LINK SUPPORT but I doubt if this will help the situation and all we can do is wait for Microsoft and ModusLink to sort themselves out.

:angry:

a7med_360
Visitor

I had the same problem and still nothing changed for the past few days 😞