Join now - be part of our community!

Premium Number? Rip-Off Sony

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
VexedeNOUGH
Visitor

Premium Number? Rip-Off Sony

I have bought VAIO laptops from Sony for years - five in total - and I still have the last three. I have Sony camcorders, cameras, a 46inch television, a bluray player and surround system, a dictophone, and I shiver to think what else.

I needed Recovery Discs for one of my VAIOs, and not only had to go through Sony's out-of-warranty premium number at 35p/min, being put on hold for eight minutes before I finally gave up, but also when I do get through, I am asked for £47.85 for what amounts to little more than a few CDs.

I'm afraid you have lost me as a customer, and everyone else I will tell about your stupid premium number.

My first and probably last post.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

This just shows the importance of making your own set of Recovery Discs when reminded to do so repeatedly during initial setup of the Vaio.

To be fair to Sony, they either supplied Recovery Discs with new Vaios in the past or provided a program to make your own discs for the cost of 3 blank DVDs.  However, the cost, if you omitted to do this, does seem a bit steep!

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

This just shows the importance of making your own set of Recovery Discs when reminded to do so repeatedly during initial setup of the Vaio.

To be fair to Sony, they either supplied Recovery Discs with new Vaios in the past or provided a program to make your own discs for the cost of 3 blank DVDs.  However, the cost, if you omitted to do this, does seem a bit steep!

:thinking: