Join now - be part of our community!

Probably my ignorance ...

profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

Probably my ignorance ...

I have VGNs T2XP and A317S both less than 6 months old. Am trying to use memory stick (tried 2 different ones) and they work fine with the T model. The A model doesn't recognise there's a stick in the slot. There's a light that briefly flashes when inserting the stick then it goes out. Both machines are compatible with Pro Duo according to the specifications and that's what I'm using. Have tried with and without Memory stick adaptor because I'm not sure I know what I'm doing. What am I'm missing please?

14 REPLIES 14
Lizzie
Visitor
profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

Hi Lizzie - tried the link and got that annoying slapped hand sign that won't let me connect.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Unfortunately there is no patch or update for the Memory Stick for the A317S on Vaio-Link.
I am completely stumped on this one but no doubt someone will come along with some suggestions if you keep the thread alive.
Best of luck with it pandora.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Lizzie
Visitor

Hi Lizzie - tried the link and got that annoying slapped hand sign that won't let me connect.

Hi
Rich has answered your question in a way. Sorry.
If you want to check for updates anyway, as my first link didn't work - click on the home link above for club vaio's home page, at the bottom of that page there is a link for vaio-link customer support portal, click on that and then download area.

profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

Thanks Rich. Do you think it might be a problem with the machine itself?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Thanks Rich. Do you think it might be a problem with the machine itself?

I really don¿t know Pandora, but try uninstalling the device in Device Manager, re-boot and let Windows re-install. I don¿t hold out any great hopes that this will resolve the issue but it is worth a try.
If all else fails the a call to Sony support is the next option:smileysad:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Eugenepang
Visitor

hmm i used memory stick pro to transfer photo from my cybershot w7 to my A317S using the memory port with no problems at all..

profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

Think Sony support is the only option. Device manager says 'this device is working properly'. Only it - or something - isn't. I keep thinking there must be something really obvious I'm missing, even given my basic (in the extreme) level of computer knowledge. I'm more comfortable dispaying my ignorance on this forum than with the Sony people. Will they be sniffy if it's operator error?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Think Sony support is the only option.....

You are probably correct, but stand your ground, don't accept any nonsense, after all you are the customer, not necessarily a PC wizard. Unfortunately they will probably ask that you carry out a system restore, so make sure that all your data files are backed up, or transferred to your D drive.
Btw I take it that uninstalling and reinstalling the device made no difference?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat