Join now - be part of our community!

FS115M screen BZZZZZZZZZZZZ

yazan
Visitor

FS115M screen BZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Hello every boday
I have a 4 months old VGN FS 115 M , I have read once before in the forum that the screen make an annoying BZZZZZ sound if its not put to maximum ilumination. Ok so I was glade that I dont have the problem .
Yesterday I turned on the laptop and guess what, I have this annoying sound which disapeares if I put the ilumination to the maximum , do you have this problem ? is it something that can be repaired by sony ?
thanks

4 REPLIES 4
vaio-2005
Visitor

hello,
I´ve read about the problem. And since yesterday I´m such a noise victim too. :slight_frown:

Does anybody know an answer to control these noisy sounds of the screen?

I used the program poweroff to switch the monitor off and the silence came back into my room until I touched a key.....BZZZZZZZ and the display was back again..

The noise can be controlled by switching the brightness lower, but that isn´t the solution to this problem. :cry:

I hope that somebody creates a software to control the powersupply of the display to switch the noise off.

gnomo74
Visitor

I would suggest you report the problem to VAIO LINK. It seems to me the inverter is not filtering the frequencies properly. The only way to sort this out should be either a new inverter or mainboard (depending on what is generating the frequency that creates the buzzing sound). Anyway, a VGN-FS1 model is recent so it should still be under warranty, right?

One suggestion, if you opt to have your VAIO repaired, ask the call center agent if they can check the availability of the parts required (imho inverter and/or mainboard). There's no point parting with your VAIO longer then needed just to have it waiting in the stock of a repair center for spare parts to arrive

yazan
Visitor

hi
thanks for your answers, yes its still with guarantee , have anybody sent his VGN FS laptop for repair for this reason ? did they suceed in taking of the noise ? thanks ...

vaio-2005
Visitor

that´s annoying!

I bought a Vaio to be aware from hardware problems :thinking:

I found a misterious way, that you can stop the noise for a certain time:

plug the vaio onto power (not akku)

--> right mouse button on Desktop
--> screensaver / energy options
--> vaio power managment
--> change the settings (brightness / CPU) for net power supply
--> accept
--> vaio power managment / more options
--> deactivate vaio power managment
--> OK

--> back to vaio power managment/ more options
--> vaio power managment aktivate (on)
--> OK

--> again change the settings (brightness / CPU) for net power supply to the max. (brightness 9 / CPU full power)
--> accept

then the noise was over
if it still goes on I reboot and then it was over.
The necessary part was to be plugged to the power supply and change the power managment to minimum (accept) and then to the maximum. So I was able to use the laptop at least some hours.

I hate this problem!
:cry: