Join now - be part of our community!

Probably my ignorance ...

profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

Probably my ignorance ...

I have VGNs T2XP and A317S both less than 6 months old. Am trying to use memory stick (tried 2 different ones) and they work fine with the T model. The A model doesn't recognise there's a stick in the slot. There's a light that briefly flashes when inserting the stick then it goes out. Both machines are compatible with Pro Duo according to the specifications and that's what I'm using. Have tried with and without Memory stick adaptor because I'm not sure I know what I'm doing. What am I'm missing please?

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I take it you've pushed the card as far as it'll go?

profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

Rich and Kee-Lo - yes, still doesn't work. A bit pressed for time at the moment but will contact support when I get a chance and report back.

Thanks for the help folks - not resolving the problem doesn't mean I appreciate the help any less. It's good to have feedback. And Kee-lo, re other thread on your 'rant' - people like me obviously are looking for solutions, but just being responded to is also very important.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Best of luck with that pandora.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

And Kee-lo, re other thread on your 'rant'  - people like me obviously are looking for solutions, but just being responded to is also very important.

Thanks Pandora, but I often feel quite frustrated when I don't find a result

gnomo74
Visitor

Hi Pandora. Personally I think it may be hardware failure. The memory stick is a rather simple device. Have you if, after you insert the memory stick, it's listed in Explorer as an additional drive? Usually it should have an icon looking like a memory stick and often listed as drive F: If the memory stick works on another device (camera, PC etc.) it seems very possible memory stick slot is defective.