Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with pdf on Vaio

profile.country.GB.title
phoebebarnes
New

Problem with pdf on Vaio

I like to use Adobe Acrobat. But some days ago it spoilt my mood and all the day. I have been working with pdf document during some weeks. And yesterday it opened with...The file is damaged and could not be repaired. I didn't do any actions with file. But now I have a huge problem. I'm angry, because my 2 weeks of work is under the threat. I'm using Sony Vaio notebook.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @phoebebarnes,

.pdf is normally used to export normal text files to have a small file to send around or print.

Which program did you use to create the text file?

Also in the future always back-up important text files (either by saving it to another drive or sending it yourself via email).

Also create different versions for each day you worked on and not just overwrite the original file.

That the file is now corrupted can have various reasons, either it was a user error, or a technical error, yet there is no way to be certain why the file is now corrupted.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
DyBail
New

< Navigate to the location with the corrupted PDF file. Right-click on it and select "Rename." Type any other file name and hit "Enter." Sometimes, a simple rename can troubleshoot corrupt PDFs.
< Make sure your Adobe Reader is in working condition. Open any other PDF files on your hard drive to make sure the problem is not originating from your Adobe Reader. If it does, reinstall Reader from Adobe's website.
< Update Adobe Reader. Launch Adobe Reader from the Start menu under "All Programs." Click on the "Help" tab and select "Check for Updates..." Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installing the updates. Try re-opening the PDF file.
Some alternative variants, which might be effective to you, I found out it in Google
http://www.adobepdf.repair/ - PAID
https://onlinefilerepair.com/en/pdf-repair-online.html - FREE