Join now - be part of our community!

Projecting audio visual effects with windows media player 10

jonty05
Visitor

Projecting audio visual effects with windows media player 10

I have a problem when trying to project video files and visual effects with a projector out of my vaio. I can project video files and visual effects when windows media isn¿t set to full screen mode, but as soon as I set it to full screen, it will jump to my default laptop display. There are no settings in video display settings for this, or no settings in media player settings. I have also tried the exact same thing but using win amp and the milk drop plug-in and setting the full screen mode to my second monitor (projector) but no luck, I am using a mobile Radeon 9200 in my notebook which is a vaio pcg-k115m. Any ideas? Thanks a lot, Jon

5 REPLIES 5
drinkfeckarse
Visitor

try putting it in full screen mode the pushing FN with the LCD key (f4) i think

jonty05
Visitor

Thanks, but I want to try and get twin monitor setup working, so I can use my laptop, while showing the video for demoing purposes, but thanks a lot anyway :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

The video overlay used in fullscreen mode will only display on the primary display so you need to set the projector as the primary.

jonty05
Visitor

thanks alot, its the only way u can do so is to use the primary display, thanks for your help, Jon

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

If you want to display full screen video on both displays then it should be possible if you use a software renderer that doesn't use the overlay. It would use a lot of processor power though and may result in jerky playback.