Join now - be part of our community!

Putting Memory in PC (VGC-V2M)

Jassi
Visitor

Putting Memory in PC (VGC-V2M)

Having now bought a memory upgrade of 1GB, i'm having trouble installing it in my VGC-V2M pc, the guide on the sony website says to slide the cover at the back all theway up untill it reveals a button. Once this button is pushed it will allow my back cover of the pc to be removed completely.

My problem is that i cant seem to find the button there seems to be a screw kinda thing just near the fan area.

Any 1 done this upgrade before?

Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Jassi
Visitor

any got a clue HELP?:smileycry:

HITS-UK
Visitor

You should find a small spring button on the rear of the casing which you press as you slide the top cover away to the side of the computer. The cover only needs to move approximately 2 to 3 inches and then you can lift it clear. There is no screw to take out for the case or need for tools.

You will see the memory casing which you need to remove with a screwdriver and you will then see two banks of RAM and you push the two plastic levers away from the RAM to allow the module to be released. Put the first one in that is nearest to the monitor making sure that it is firmly in place and repeat with the second.

Put the cover back on. Job done.

One thing though - sounds obvious but it may not be to others, turn the PC OFF but do NOT remove the mains cable. Make sure that you touch a piece of bare metal on the PC chassis (ther's a bit of springing at the top) to make sure you are personally static-safe before handling the memory module.

This link shows you EXACTLY how ...

http://www.vaio-link.com/tutorials/memory/memory.asp?l=en