Join now - be part of our community!

VGP-SP2 Vaio Speakers - Can they fit A617M Vaio notebook?

colcraig72
Visitor

VGP-SP2 Vaio Speakers - Can they fit A617M Vaio notebook?

Can anyone help? I have an A617M laptop and have just purchased some VGP-SP2 speakers, however I cannot connect them to my notebook so it looks like there not compatable with my model of laptop? I would like some external Vaio speakers for my notebook so can anyone recommend some or is there any way in which I can get the VGP-SP2 speakers to work? Thankyou in advance!!! PLEASE NOTE: I have a VGP-PRA1 docking station so is it just the case that these speakers are not compatable with this model of docking station?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi colcraig72 and welcome to Club Vaio.

As far as I am aware the A617S uses the VGP-SP2 speakers so I am not sure why you are having problems. There is an infrared sensor in the left hand speaker for the remote and without the necessary drivers the remote may not function, but the speakers should work ok.

You do of course need an A/V port replicator. Does yours look like and have the same connectors as this?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
colcraig72
Visitor

Thankyou for the prompt reply, however the diagram you have sent me is different to the actual docking station I have so it looks like you have answered my question, that said I now have some VGP-SP2 speakers for sale if anyone is interested. My docking station model number is VGP-PRA1 so if you can find a diagram of the ports on this particular model then you will see why I cannot connect the speakers but thankyou for your help!!!