Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth

berndkorteling
Visitor

Bluetooth

I've got a Vaio FE-31H, but I'm getting confused by al the different specifications I read. On some sites I read there is no Bluetooth in my laptop, and at some sites I read there is..
Now I checked my Hardware configuraion, and found a "Toshiba BT Port (COM64)". So I guess there is bluetooth at my Vaio. True?
And now my real question: If there really is Bluetooth on my Vaio, how do I activate/use it? (I would like to sync my Mobile Phone with my computer)
Thx for your answer!

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi berndkorteling,

According to the Sony specs your FE31H does have bluetooth capabilities..:smileyhappy:

To enable the bluetooth device turn on the wireless switch, then double click the bluetooth/lan icon in the taskbar, then select enable bluetooth and click OK.. (this information was taken from page 87 of the user manual )

You will also have to pair your phone with you Vaio..

berndkorteling
Visitor

Thx for your reaction, but unfortunatly my problem is not solved yet. The problem is, if I double click the lan icon (there is no bluetooth icon), the only posible changes I'm able to maken is for Wireless Lan (2,4 or 5 Ghz).
Any Idea to solve this?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hmm that's strange did you have the bluetooth icon before you ran the recovery utility..?

berndkorteling
Visitor

I'm not sure.. I never really looked for it before.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

This is confusing according to the sony style site it does NOT state that the FE31H has bluetooth capabilities..

Perhaps another FE31H user can confirm whether there Vaio has bluetooth or not..:smileyconfused:

I'll also see if I can get confirmation from Vaio-Link..

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

It may be worth reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers that can be found in the pre-installed drivers package from Vaio Link.

If that has no effect then try re-installing the utilities (from the same source).

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Did you take a look in "Control Panel" ? There should be a Bluetooth icon. Doubleclick it to add new Bluetooth devices.

I've connected my Wacom Wireless Pen Tablet in this way.

However, does it really have bluetooth? I can't find any about it in specifications at Sony VAIO Link. :thinking:

giridhar_pn
Visitor

Hi,
I use a FE 31 H. The specs do not show the system to have bluetooth but I did find the Toshiba BT COM64 on system info too.The drivers are already installed. No bluetooth icon is displayed on the task bar. I checked the 'Add Hardware' and it is also displayed there.
May be I will try to look for the driver for the bluetooth. :slight_smile:
Regards,
Giridhar
:smileygrin:

berndkorteling
Visitor

Indeed you find a Bluetooth port. I tried reinstalling the driver, but this neither worked out..

Alsot there is no bluetooth icon in the control panel..

btw Giridhar, what kind of icon you have in the taskbar? Mine looks like this: