Join now - be part of our community!

"Operating System Not Found"..........???

predbites
Explorer

"Operating System Not Found"..........???

Hello again everyone,

So, for thoes that haven't been keeping track of this fun little problem, I purchased a VAIO Duo 11 (SVD1121Q2E) second hand and it was working almost perfectly but there were three unknown devices in the device manager. I tried to find the model number on the VAIO support website and nothing would come up but someone here was very helpful in sending me the link for the official downloads page.

Now, the first thing I notice is that the BIOS is rather out of date so I downloaded the up-to-date BIOS and run the installation. After running, it turned itself off but it didn't come back on and when I manually turn it on, it is now displaying "Operating System Not Found"???

I can't even seem to access the bios and not sure how to proceed?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi predbites,

Are you able to access the BIOS by pressing the Assist Button when fully shut down to launch Vaio Care Rescue Mode followed by F2?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
predbites
Explorer

absolutely nothing happens when I push the assist button.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

In that case I would assume that a previous owner has wiped the original OS and installed a retail copy of Windows. Your best solution would be to purchase a set of recovery media and return the machine to "as delivered".

http://eu.eetgroup.com/Guide/m/Sony-VAIO-SVD-models-SVD1121Q2EB?c=800960

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
predbites
Explorer

It wasn't the person I got the tablet from, I know it was a problem caused by myself and I don't think that media will work.

I got the up-to-date BIOS installer from the official website and from what I can tell, it crashed half way through. The problem now is that it will not boot at all, I get the VAIO logo and they just the message "Operating System Not Found".

If I can not choose to boot from another drive / divice, I don't think this will work.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I think you are probably correct but sometimes when the operating system is not found the system automatically  selects the next avalable source in the list but if the BIOS is fried then this may not happen. If you can "borrow" an installation disk (or any boot disk) you could check this out....

Otherwise you may need to contact Sony support for a repair but bear in mind that this may cost more than a new notebook:smileyshocked:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat