Join now - be part of our community!

"PCGE-VPW2 VAIO Plus Warranty Pack"

b2lal
Visitor

"PCGE-VPW2 VAIO Plus Warranty Pack"

hi, i recently purchased the sony vaio vgn-tx3xp and its been about a month and i've had some seriously close calls with my laptop. i was wondering whether or not the "PCGE-VPW2 VAIO Plus Warranty Pack" covers accidental damage?
could someone please let me know as this tx is my baby!!!

thank you in advance

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi b2lal,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Unfortunately the PCGE-VPW2 only provides an additional 2-year cover to the standard warranty on your VAIO Laptop.. :slight_frown:

There is an another insurance available from Sony VGPE-VPIP3 , this covers laptops, against theft, accidental damage, fire and flood anywhere in the world including when travelling.

b2lal
Visitor

for the vgpe-vpip3 it says that "There is no automatic reinstatement after a claim, a reinstatement fee will have to be paid if you wish to recommence cover." what does that mean?

and where can i purchase this from?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

At a guess I would say that once you have made a claim, if you wish the insurance to continue then you will have to pay an additional fee.. :thinking:

Strange as it may be, there does not appear to be a link to purchase direct from Sony style..

I have found it for sale on several other web sites and this seems to be one of the cheapest at £142.82 Inc VAT (Don't know how good the service is as I've never purchased anything from this site)

I seem to remember that unless you are a Limited Company your vaio has to be less than thirty days old to be able to activate this product, it may be an idea to check this before making a purchase.. :thinking:

Edit: I have found a link on the Sonystyle site with some further information here including a contact telephone number.. :slight_smile:

b2lal
Visitor

holy shoot, what do i do if its been longer then 30 days then??? someone please help, i wanna get it insured!!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi b2lal,

It may be worth contacting Vaio Cover as it states 'Unless you are a Limited Company we can only insure equipment less than 3 months old.' it's not very clear what the correct time limit is.. :slight_frown:

If you do contact them would you please let us know what the correct time limit is... :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Put it on your home insurance if you have one

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Put it on your home insurance if you have one

Good idea Kee-Lo, that may also be a cheaper option..