Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO FS315E Problem

tash_edwards89
Visitor

VAIO FS315E Problem

Hi all! Was wondering if you could help me!!

I have a FS315E (Home Edition) and in the last couple of weeks I have noticed that whenever I plug something into a USB port it pops up with the following message:

This device can perform faster
This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port.
For a lit of available ports, click here.

I can't understand this because my ports are all 2.0 and so are the devices I am plugging in. Does anyone have any ideas. I would be very grateful as this message is annoying when I know it is not true!!!

Many thanks!

Tash

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Tash,

Check under Universal Serial Bus Controllers in Device manager do you have USB2 enhanced USB Controller listed...?

In case you don't know, to access device manager goto Start > Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter..

tash_edwards89
Visitor

Thanks for your reply. This is what I have!!!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi tash_edwards89,

I assuming that you are not using a hub to connect the USB 2 device(s)? But if so search for updated drives for the hub and don’t use the generic Windows drivers.

Otherwise I suggest that you disconnect all USB devices and then remove all Universal Serial Bus Controllers (Device Manager) - then reboot and let Windows discover and re-install the drivers.

Then reattach each USB device in turn and let the wizard discover each device and install the required drivers. Make sure that each device is working as it should before continuing with the install of further devices.

Hopefully if an individual device is causing a problem this procedure will identify it.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You might find one of them is actually USB2 and the rest are not.