Join now - be part of our community!

RA204 - Won't run any Adobe Apps ??

Will500
Visitor

RA204 - Won't run any Adobe Apps ??

Hi all

Just got a couple of Vaio RA204's for work and whatever I do I can't get them to run any Adobe Creative Studio apps or Adobe After Effects 6.5 ?? This is a major pain as they were bought for this purpose 😛

After Effects just returns a "Send a report to Microsoft" error dialog and Ilustrator CS and Photoshop CS return a "the application failed to initialise properly" error dialog.

Anyone got any experience of this problem or any ideas ?

thnx

sys:
Vaio RA204
Upgraded to Win XP Pro + SP2
(same errors before Pro upgrade btw 😞 )

7 REPLIES 7
TygerTyger
Visitor

I'd take this up with Adobe support rather than here, they will have much better idea specifically what causes these messages. Sorry if that's not much help.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Remove Elements and Premiere LE before you try the upgrades.

Will500
Visitor

I've managed to roll the OS back to XP Home , still with SP2 , and clean installs of the apps seems to work ok ?

Kee-Lo, I did remove all the freebie adobe apps before upgrading to XP Pro, then installed the full apps which wouldnt work .

Seems a little odd that the apps complain in XP pro but not home, but at least I have them working now :slight_smile:

Will report back if I get an XP Pro solution to this at some point

Thnx Guys

kee-lo_

Most the RA series rejects XP Pro, we had this issue with my friend's machine.

gnomo74
Visitor

Hi there,

if you go on www.vaio-link.com, I spotted a solution that could be related to this problem:
Description:

When I try to open Photoshop or other Adobe Creative Suite programs, I get a "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)" error.

Solution:

This error may occur if you try to open Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop CS, Illustrator CS, InDesign CS, GoLive CS, etc.) on a VAIO computer that is preinstalled with SonicStage Mastering Studio Audio Filter version 1.1.

To correct this problem, download and install the latest version of the SonicStage Mastering Studio Audio Filter program, which is available from the Downloads area of our website or via VAIO Update.

So check out if there's an updated Sonic Stage Mastering Studio available on the download section for your dekstop.

Let us know if that solves the problem.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Thanks for the info...:smileygrin:

Wierd SonicStage messing everything up!:smileylaugh:

kee-lo_

SonicStage Sucks!